Monday 15 February 2016

The Melancholy of Add. Maths

During the year-end holidays in 2014, I kinda accidentally let it slip that I had been failing my Add Maths all through Form 4 to my aunt who is a Form 6 Add. Maths teacher in Singapore. *dramatic music plays
She then offered to give me intensive Add. Maths tuition while I was there(on holiday). Obviously, I was less than excited for this but it's not like I could refuse with my parents staring daggers into my back and all.

Thus, began my 3-day long, morning to night Add. Maths tuition. My schedule(and I kid you not) was basically:


Breakfast --> Add. Maths --> Lunch --> Add. Maths --> Dinner --> Add. Maths --> Sleep

Rinse and repeat.
It was pure torture.




Thankfully, she gave me lots of breaks(and chocolate) which made it bearable. It also helped that she was also really nice and her teaching method and explanations were crazy easy to understand and overall great.

Soon, the first test of Form 5 came and went. Anxiously, I awaited my results. I got back my paper and BOOM! I got an A! In subsequent monthly tests, I consistently scored Bs and Cs up till SPM Trials which to me was great since I had been failing before. Also, if you're curious about how I actually scored in SPM, you can read about it here.

This made me realise that the most important part of any subject is the basics you learn in Form 4.
It will be the foundation for everything you will learn later in Form 5.

The moral of the story?
Form 4 is NOT honeymoon year. 
It's the "get your shit together now or suffer later" year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to be notified when somebody replies you?
Check the "Notify me" box at the lower right hand corner. :D